IMPORTANT IRONLINE RACE UPDATE & POSTPONEMENT
Due to awful, Springlike weather in the Upper Peninsula and surrounding Northern Midwest states, the IronLine has to defer to our contingency dates of February 8-9th 2013. This does nothing more than move the same, exact race (days, times, locations, schedules, etc.) two weeks down the calendar.
We know that this will cause some mushers to need to change schedules, run a different configuration of dogs, and maybe even drop out of the race entirely. We are offering a 100% refund to those who are already registered and have paid their registration fee. We would love it if you would strongly consider staying with the race this year, as it has been wonderful to talk to and meet so many of you.
We are very pleased to announce that our local supporters and our town of Iron River are still very behind us and want to see this great sport of sled dog racing in our community this year. Most of our support staff, planners, and volunteers are still available and we have even had a couple new mushers interested in our new date.
We seriously hope this will not inconvenience anyone too much and we thank all of you for your patience and encouragement in difficult weather conditions. We all want it to snow so we can race these super dogs! If you have any questions, concerns, or advice…please feel free to call us or email us at anytime. Our contact in on the website.
Thank you for your consideration,
Josh & Grace Brindle, IronLine Race Directors