With the leaves falling off the trees and the ground quickly freezing, Team IronLine has been hard at work putting together all the things necessary for a successful race. We are excited to announce a few things that may be pertinent to you as the musher, spectator, volunteer, enthusiast;
- All IronLine race events will be held on Friday & Saturday only–, giving traveling mushers decent time to travel to and from the race without having to take extensive time off of work
- The Race Purse is being set–With a full registration sign up we will have a race purse total of $6,500! With the first place prize cashing in at $2,000!
- The IronLine will meet November 9th at HeBrews Coffee & Music at 5:30pm and the 28th of November at 5:30 as well
- The race will be a 40 mile and 80 mile two stage race: This means both events will be held on BOTH days. With two 20 mile stages for the 40 mile race and two 40 mile stages for the 80 mile race
- On November 3rd, The IronLine along with the West Iron District Library welcomed Author and Musher Jackie Winkowskiwho shared stories of the trail and her experiences in dog sledding. She brought along two of her loved lead dogs, Miki and Molly who you can find featured in her books.